Santa Maria Estate Villa
This furnished villa situated in a quiet leafy cul-de-sac in a highly sought-after exclusive residential area, with expansive views over pine-forest valley, Mellieha bay, Comino, Gozo and the Mediterranean. Close to Malta’s most popular sandy beach, daily amenities, restaurants and Mellieha village core. Spacious accommodation comprises an open plan living/dining area, fully equipped kitchen/breakfast leading to a large terrace ideal for outdoor dining, overlooking the garden, 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Complementing this amazing property is a 2-car carport, 1-car LUG plus additional off-street parking for 6 cars on private driveway. Landscaped gardens with lawn and above ground pool; BBQ, wrap-around deck and patio garden with mature trees and escarpment at rear leading to majestic cliff face and huge cave.
Santa Maria Estate is a hilly area in Mellieha which leads to down to a rocky beach as part of the bay. Once home to the British families in Malta, one finds a number of elite residences, mainly villas in this area. Most of the properties have large outdoor spaces with extensive views which reach out to the sea.
Mellieha is a large village in the North of Malta situated on a hilltop, surrounded by fertile valleys, enjoying magnificent panoramic scenes.
Mellieha was one of the first 10 parishes in Malta. It existed in 1436 but was abandoned in the 16th century as it was not considered safe due to the attacks by the Muslim Corsairs. The village became a parish again in 1844. The parish church built in the 1880’s, located in the main square, is dedicated to the Birth of Our Lady.
The sanctuary of Our Lady of Mellieha originated as a natural cave and linked to the Medieval period. The miraculous altarpiece depicting the Virgin Mary holding Christ in her arm, is a Byzantine style fresco that dates to the early 13th century. It is also believed to be the oldest Marian shrine in Malta.
Places worth mentioning are Selmun Palace built during the reign of Grandmaster Manoel de Rohan, St Agatha’s Tower more commonly known as the Red Tower built in 1649 by Grandmaster Jean Paul Lascaris Castellar.
Mellieha boasts of the largest sandy beach in Malta, Ghadira Bay, which has been awarded the Blue Flag status. It is very popular with both locals and tourist alike.
Mellieha properties range from apartments to terraced houses and very large villas. In some of the older streets you may also come across a few character houses which have beautifully restored.