Lija General Office
A great opportunity to lease OFFICE SPACE in a prestigious new business centre centrally located. Facilities in this business centre include 80 parking spaces, a common fully equipped kitchen area, lounge and canteen, a break out area within a landscaped environment, boardroom facilities, concierge services and a courier service to support our clients’ requirements. The building is fully air-conditioned and equipped with ventilation system. The offices are accessible 24/7 and guarded through a continuous security building access system, which is complemented by a CCTV system within the building.
The centre is also equipped with a generator, which ensures uninterrupted electricity supply supporting also the HVAC and related ventilation system.
The Three Villages
Attard, Balzan and Lija are popularly known as The Three Villages because of the many characteristic features they have in common.
Lija is noted for its quiet and clean surroundings with its narrow windings streets, old houses, spacious attractive villas and churches which help to enhance the beauty of Lija. This picturesque village evolved on a stretch of woodland known for its deep fertile soil which gives a special quality to the oranges grown in this area. Several chapels were built in the village, the most well-known are the ones dedicated to Christ the Saviour built by the famous Maltese architect Gerolamo Cassar 1520-1586 and the other known as “Tal-Mirakli” dedicated to the Madonna and the Child, built in 1664 and the altarpiece is the work by well-known artist Mattia Preti.
Lija became a parish on the 6 February 1594. The baroque parish church, built between 1694 and 1700, is another edifice worth visiting. Another landmark in Lija is Villa Preziosi, originally named Palazzo Francia, an 18th century palace which today serves as the official residence of the Prime Minister of Malta. Villa Preziosi is also known for its magnificent landscaped gardens.
A striking landmark of the village is the Belvedere with beautiful architecture, today known as the Lija Tower, situated in Transfiguration Avenue leading to the parish church. This tower once embellished the garden of the magnificent 17th century Villa Gourgion Depiro.
Lija is a highly sought after area in the Real Estate market. It is full of character properties, some also boasting mature gardens. There is a high level of conservation in the area and the few newly built properties have to be in line with the style.